Wednesday 13 April 2016

Berlin Stationary Haul 2.0












LUIBAN

This is the place that leaves me the nicest memory in Berlin so I have to write a single blog post about this stationary shop.

I got to know this shop because of the owner of R.S.V.P.. She recommended me to go there since she knows that I love paper goods that much. As soon as I left R.S.V.P., I headed to LUIBAN without troubles as it is not far away from R.S.V.P.! (Thanks Google map:P)

When I first entered the shop, I did not feel so much and I was playing with a pair of scissors which sounds so weird. I was thinking buying a larger size (the one in the picture above) or a smaller one in blue handle. The owner was kind enough to let me know that I can try it by trying to cut the paper and then I started a journey of cutting the whole A4 paper with different angles haha. But the talk between me and the owner also started. I apologize that we talked that long and I did not even know the name of the owner:(

He introduced me different kind of stationary and I love every recommendation from him!
And I feel like my collection is completed right now. (But of course it would keep on expanding:P)

I have got the Blackwing 602 pencil (designed for speed writing) that would not smudge easily and the automatic pencil sharpener that does the job just right. Now when I am sketching, I do not have to worry about the smudging caused by my hang moving around and I can get the pencil sharpened in a right length and sharp tip.

Next, Tadaaaaa the cutest Birdie is an envelope opener! I am a person who does not like to destroy every letter that I receive so I always pay extra attention in opening the letter in the edge with a pair of scissors but now I just have to insert Birdie's tail into the letter and slide it open without an effort. Also Birdie is a nice decoration too.

The last thing that I got from LUIBAN is something I did not expect to get in this trip - the ink. Since I have just bought 3 bottles of ink from Pilot not soon ago, I was not planning to get it. But when the owner showed me with the glass tip calligraphy pen (I ordered one glass tip pen as soon as I know where I can buy it because it is convenient to test out colours), I knew I have to get it. You can see from the pictures above. The intensity of the ink is very high. The one from pilot is quite sheer comparing to it. "Grey" is kind of like colour of pencil and "Matador" is a beautiful bloody red. I wish I had more courage to bring back more bottles of it since it is inexpensive and the colour payoff is really really nice after it dried.

The last two pictures are the receipt of the shop and it was printed by an old machine in Germany. I collected it since it has got the hand writing of the owner and the print is beautiful (I am not sure how many times I have to say about beautiful in this post hahaha)

Besides, a girl came to buy a notebook in between our conversation. She bought Traveler's notebook which I am also interested in but I was not sure if it was Traveler's notebook so I did not talk more about it with the owner but now I do know that it definitely. I got a brown one recently and I wish I could talk to him more how to use the notebook with owner since I know he uses it for a few years alreays. I would love to listen to his experience! He also told me not to be ashamed of loving stationary because it just shows that I like material, textures and colours.

It was such a pleasant paper shop experience for me! WILL definitely visit LUIBAN again!

Love,
Sonia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sonia Kaya | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig